Triple layer berry froyo bars… the perfect summer treat for when that afternoon sweet craving kicks in. I don’t know about you but I am always craving something cold and sweet on those hot summer afternoons. I am also always on the go so I need something pre made. These are perfect. Made with super simple and healthy ingredients, these are a great protein packed summer treat!
I made these on the forth of July… here’s what happened. Went into the kitchen having no idea what I was going to make. I was very hungry and craving something refreshing so these are what went down. The bottom crust layer is the perfect texture and is literally amazing. The froyo layer literally tastes exactly like froyo. And lastly, the berry layer is the perfect sweet add-on to the top! You guys need to try these!!
ingredients in triple layer berry froyo bars
- unbleached all purpose flour
- old fashioned oats
- coconut sugar
- baking powder
- coconut oil
- greek yogurt
- vanilla protein powder
- maple syrup
- frozen mixed berries
- coconut flour
how to make triple layer berry froyo bars
first make the bottom (crust layer): Mix together the flour, oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Then, mix in the melted coconut oil. Pat down into a greased 9×9 glass pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
then, add on the middle (froyo) layer: Mix together the Greek yogurt, vanilla protein powder, and maple syrup.
next, add the top (berry) layer: Microwave the frozen berries in 30 second intervals (smashing after each one) until they are mashed. Then, mix in the honey and coconut flour
once all layers are added to the glass pan, let sit in the freezer for about 3 hours. then, cut into 12 bars. (they are hard to cut but you just have to keep trying). store in the freezer and let thaw or microwave on defrost for a few seconds to eat.
- unbleached all purpose flour- replace with gluten free or oat flour
- coconut sugar- replace with white or brown sugar
- coconut oil- replace with butter, ghee, vegan butter, avocado oil, etc.
- Greek yogurt- replace with vegan or dairy free yogurt
- vanilla protein powder- you can leave out, but if you do, you will need more maple syrup
- maple syrup- replace with honey, agave nectar, coconut nectar, etc.
- honey- replace with maple syrup, agave nectar, coconut nectar, etc.
- coconut flour- replace with any flour
try these healthy recipes next!
triple layer berry froyo bars
layer 1 (crust)
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
layer 2 (froyo)
- 1 1/2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
layer 3 (berry)
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- mix together the flour, oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder
- then mix in the melted coconut oil
- pat down into a greased 9×9 glass pan and bake for 15-20 minutes
- mix together the greek yogurt, protein powder, and maple syrup
- spread over the crust layer
- microwave the frozen berries in 30 second intervals (mashing between each one) until they are mashed
- them, mix in the honey and coconut flour
- spread over the froyo layer and let sit in the freezer for about 3 hours. then, cut into bars and store in the freezer. let thaw or microwave on defrost to eat.