I don’t know if you’ve ever had a snowball cookie, but if you have, you know just how good they are. if you haven’t, I’m so sorry. there truly is no way for me to describe to you just how good these cookies are. you will just have to try them out for yourself. these are the best snowball cookies. I know most of the recipes I make are refined sugar free and a lot healthier than traditional recipes. however, these are not, and that’s okay. sometimes you just need a good old classic sugary dessert and some desserts should not be healthified. these cookies are off limits from being made healthier, they are just too good.
holiday baking is my favorite thing to do every year. I had these cookies for the first time a few years ago and I fell in love. I have been eating them every day this week because they are just so good, but I also froze some to eat on Christmas Day. these are the perfect holiday cookies to make for your fam on Christmas. cant wait for you to try them!
ingredients in the best snowball cookies
this recipe is made with super simple ingredients with easy substitutions. substitutions are below.
- softened butter
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- finely chopped pecans
- unbleached all purpose flour
how to make the best snowball cookies
preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
beat the butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar. mix in the salt, pecans, and flour.
roll into large balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
bake for 14-18 minutes. roll the cookies in powdered sugar and enjoy!
keep in mind that substituting ingredients may affect the flavor and texture. with that said, here are my suggestions.
- all purpose flour- replace with 1:1 gluten free flour
- butter- replace with ghee or vegan butter
- pecans- replace with walnuts
try these holiday recipes next!
the best snowball cookies
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
to coat the cookies
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- mix the flour, pecans, and salt. set aside
- beat the butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla. mix in the flour mixture.
- roll into large balls and place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. bake for 14-18 minutes.
- roll in powdered sugar and enjoy!