a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie served in a warm skillet? yes please. this is the best pumpkin chocolate chip skillet cookie. it is everything I have ever wanted. it is warm, comforting, fluffy, chocolaty, delicious, and even healthy! not to mention it was so easy to make. all you do is throw some simple ingredients together, put it into a skillet, bake it, and voila. you have a cozy and delicious fall dessert.
I’ve been making some fall breads and muffins so it was obviously time to roll out a wonderful cookie recipe. who could resist a warm cookie with melty chocolate served in a skillet. I cant. and my family sure couldn’t. I suggest you serve this skillet cookie with some vanilla ice cream and share it with your fam!
ingredients in the best pumpkin chocolate chip skillet cookie
this skillet cookie is made with super simple ingredients that can be substituted to fit your needs. substitutions are below.
- unbleached all purpose flour
- coconut sugar
- baking soda
- egg yolk
- pumpkin puree
- vanilla extract
- dark chocolate chips
how to make the best pumpkin chocolate chip skillet cookie
start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees
mix together the flour, coconut sugar, salt, and baking soda. then, mix in the egg yolk, pumpkin puree, melted butter, and vanilla. fold in the chocolate chips.
transfer and mash down into a greased 5×5 cast iron skillet. bake for 25 to 30 minutes. serve warm and enjoy!
keep in mind that substituting ingredients may affect the flavor, texture, and bake time. with that said, here are my suggestions:
- all purpose flour- replace with 1:1 gluten free flour or whole wheat flour
- coconut sugar- replace with granulated sugar or brown sugar
- butter- replace with coconut oil, ghee, or vegan butter
- dark chocolate chips- replace with milk or white chocolate chips
you may also like these healthy recipes
healthier pumpkin chocolate chip skillet cookie
- 3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- mix together the flour, coconut sugar, salt, and baking soda
- then, mix in the egg yolk, pumpkin puree, melted butter, and vanilla
- fold in the dark chocolate chips
- transfer and distribute around a greased 5×5 cast iron skillet. bake for 25 to 30 minutes
- serve warm and enjoy!