you guys… I am not exaggerating when I tell you that this is the best pie I have ever had in my life. I have never disliked pie, but it has never been one of my favorite desserts until I made this magical creation. this refined sugar free chocolate pecan pie is extremely rich… it literally tastes like chocolate molten lava cake. When I tell you I could eat this every day for the rest of my life I mean it. I made this recipe for thanksgiving and it was amazing so I decided to remake it to share with you guys. this recipe will also be on the dessert table on Christmas. my entire family loves it.
this chocolate pecan pie is made with homemade crust (you can use store bought as well), eggs, coconut sugar, maple syrup, dark chocolate chips, butter, pecans, and just a few other simple ingredients. you guys have GOT to try this recipe. it is absolutely insane and so easy to make. I am so excited to hear how you like it!
ingredients in refined sugar free chocolate pecan pie
this recipe is made with super simple ingredients and no refined sugar. substitutions to fit your needs are below.
- unbleached all purpose flour
- ice water
the pie filling:
- coconut sugar
- maple syrup
- dark chocolate chips
- pecan pieces
how to make refined sugar free chocolate pecan pie
to make the crust: in a food processor, use the dough disk to blend the flour, butter, and salt. add in the ice water and blend until a dough ball forms. wrap in plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge for at least one hour.
preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
roll the dough out onto a floured surface and assemble into a pie pan.
whisk together the eggs and coconut sugar. then, mix in the maple syrup, melted dark chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla. mix in the pecan pieces and pour into the pie pan.
bake for 40-45 minutes. enjoy!
keep in mind that substituting ingredients may affect the flavor, texture, and bake time. with that said, here are my suggestions:
- butter- replace with vegan butter or ghee
- coconut sugar- replace with brown sugar
try these healthy recipes next!
refined sugar free chocolate pecan pie
- 1 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ice water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup melted dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- in a food processor with a dough disk, blend the flour, cold butter cubes, and salt. then, add in the water and blend until a dough ball forms.
- wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refridgerate for at least one hour.
- roll the dough out onto a floured surface and transfer to a pie pan.
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- whisk the eggs and coconut sugar. whisk in the maple syrup, melted chocolate chips, melted butter, and vanilla. mix in the pecan pieces.
- transfer to the pie pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.