If you are looking for a healthy and delicious muffin recipe… these refined sugar free chocolate chip muffins are exactly what you need.
Marvelous… that’s the word I would use to describe these muffins. They are moist, fluffy, and so delicious. They are also super easy to make. Like literally so easy. The ingredients are super simple and there is no dairy or refined sugar in this recipe!! These muffins are made with unbleached flour, maple syrup, coconut oil, greek yogurt, eggs, and just a few other simple ingredients!
So here’s what happened… my friend and I were sitting around and I had no idea what to make. She told me to make chocolate chip muffins so that’s what I made. And (like always) they did not disappoint. And they lasted a whopping 12 hours in my house. We are big muffin eaters around here… you need to try these!
ingredients in refined sugar free chocolate chip muffins
These muffins are made with super simple ingredients, and no dairy or refined sugar. Substitutions are listed below!
- unbleached all purpose flour
- baking soda
- maple syrup
- full fat greek yogurt (if you use nonfat the muffins will be more dry!)
- coconut oil
- dark chocolate chips
how to make refined sugar free chocolate chip muffins
preheat the oven to 350 degrees
mix together the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda
in a separate bowl mix together the eggs, maple syrup, greek yogurt, coconut oil, and vanilla
mix together the wet and dry ingredients and mix in the chocolate chips. Pour into greased muffin tins. bake for 23-27 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean
serve warm and enjoy!!!!
try these healthy recipes next!
Keep in mind that substituting ingredients may affect the flavor, texture, and bake time. With that said, here are my suggestions:
- unbleached all purpose flour- replace with 1:1 gluten free flour
- eggs- replace with flax or chia eggs
- maple syrup- replace with honey or agave nectar
- full fat greek yogurt- replace with a vegan or dairy free yogurt
- coconut oil- replace with butter, ghee, vegan butter, etc.
refined sugar free chocolate chip muffins
- 1 3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup full fat greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- mix together the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda
- in a separate bowl mix together the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, greek yogurt, and vanilla
- mix together the wet and dry ingredients and mix in the chocolate chips
- pour into greased muffin tins and bake for 23-27 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean