Sharing with you my healthier take on brownies with these refined sugar free brownies. When you are craving chocolate, some gooey, chocolaty, and fudgy brownies are always the way to go. Don’t be fooled though, if I fed you one of these you would have NO IDEA they are healthier! With the perfect chocolaty flavor and goo factor x1000, these brownies are a must try dessert recipe!
You know how there is the Cookie Monster? Well I’m the chocolate monster. I am always craving chocolate and I always have to have some kind of chocolate on hand. Brownies are the most chocolaty and moist dessert that ALWAYS satisfy that chocolate craving. Also, if you are looking for an award winning combo… you need to eat one of these brownies heated up with some salted caramel cluster ice cream on top and you are set for life!!
ingredients in refined sugar free brownies
Here are the ingredients in my brownies! I have found that adding melted chocolate into my brownie batter really brings the recipe together making it even more fudgy and chocolaty. This brownie recipe is super simple and made with very few ingredients, some of which can be substituted for others!
- unbleached all purpose flour
- coconut sugar
- cocoa powder
- coconut oil (melted)
- almond milk
- dark chocolate chips (melted)
how to make refined sugar free brownies
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees
Then, mix together the flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, and salt
In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, melted coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla, and melted chocolate chips
Combine the wet and dry ingredients and transfer to a greased 8×8 or 9×9 glass pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean
Serve and enjoy!!!!
Keep in mind that substituting ingredients may change the flavor, texture, and bake time a bit. With that said, here are my recommendations:
- unbleached all purpose flour- replace with gluten free flour
- coconut sugar- replace with white or brown sugar
- eggs- replace with flax or chia eggs
- coconut oil- replace with melted butter or any oil
- almond milk- replace with any milk or nut milk
- dark chocolate chips- replace with semisweet or milk chocolate chips
try these healthy dessert recipes next!
refined sugar free brownies
- 3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate chips (measure before melting)
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- mix together the flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, and salt
- in a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla, and melted chocolate chips
- mix together the wet and dry ingredients and transfer to a greased 8×8 or 9×9 glass pan
- bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean
- serve and enjoy!