Peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookie bars. Wow that’s a mouthful… literally. I combined four of my favorite things (peanut butter, chocolate, oatmeal, and cookies) to make this wonderful dessert. These bars are moist, gooey, chocolaty, and so delicious. My mom can attest to how good they are. She tries everything I make and she said these are one of the best desserts I’ve ever made. They are absolutely unreal.
These bars are refined sugar free, dairy free, and can be made gluten free or vegan with a few simple substitutions. I could seriously live off of these. I also brought them to some friends at work and everyone loved them. Do yourself a favor by making these bars and eating them for dessert with a big ice cream scoop on top. You won’t regret it.
ingredients in peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookie bars
- unbleached all purpose flour
- coconut sugar
- baking soda
- peanut butter
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- chocolate chips
how to make peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookie bars
preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
mix the flour, coconut sugar, oats, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
then, mix in the peanut butter, coconut oil, vanilla, and eggs.
fold in the chocolate chips.
press the dough into a greased 9×9 pan and bake for 17-21 minutes.
cut into 16 bars, serve warm and enjoy.
Keep in mind that substituting ingredients may affect the flavor, texture, and bake time. With that said, here are my suggestions:
- all purpose flour- replace with 1:1 gluten free flour
- coconut sugar- replace with brown sugar
- peanut butter- replace with any nut butter
- coconut oil- replace with butter
you may also like these recipes
peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookie bars
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup melty peanut butter
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- mix the flour, coconut sugar, oats, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- then, mix in the peanut butter, coconut oil, vanilla, and eggs.
- fold in the chocolate chips.
- press the dough into a greased 9×9 pan and bake for 17-21 minutes.
- cut into 16 bars, serve warm and enjoy.