Coffee time is the best time and this healthy mocha iced latte blew me away. It really doesn’t get much better than chocolate and coffee. And when you combine them…it is absolutely amazing. Made with espresso, oat milk, and a refined sugar free chocolate sauce, this iced latte recipe is the perfect balance of healthy and delicious.
I’m a huge chocolate lover… I mean its just so good. I knew this mocha iced latte recipe would be good but it completely blew away my expectations. All the iced mocha’s I used to drink were completely filled with sugar and tons of stuff that I do not want to put into my body. This iced latte recipe will make you never want to spend $5 on a Starbucks mocha again.
mocha iced latte ingredients
What makes this rich, chocolaty latte so healthy is that it is refined sugar free and the chocolate sauce is made with four super healthy simple ingredients. Did you know that cacao powder has 40x the antioxidants of blueberries? crazy right?? Cacao powder is a great source of iron, magnesium, calcium, and its a natural mood elevator! The chocolate sauce also makes enough for about 4 lattes so if you have leftovers, you can store it in the fridge and use it another day!
- 2 shots of espresso
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used oat milk)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp almond milk
- 3 tbsp chocolate protein powder (use code CFOOD25 for 25% off!)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
how to make it
Start by making the chocolate sauce by mixing together the almond milk, chocolate protein powder, cacao powder, and coconut sugar
In a blender, blend your milk with 2 tbsp of the chocolate sauce
Then, pour your chocolaty milk over ice with the espresso and enjoy!
- espresso- replace with coffee or your favorite cold brew
- chocolate protein powder- sub for more cacao powder, or just leave it out. If you leave it out, leave out a little almond milk
- almond milk- sub for any milk or dairy free milk
- coconut sugar- sub for any sugar