okay guys. I have officially created my favorite and most proud recipe. I’ve been making a lot of amazing recipes this holiday season but this one triumphs all of them. this is my favorite recipe I have ever created. these honey butter brioche rolls are absolutely insane. they are light, fluffy, sweet, buttery, and insanely delicious. these turned out absolutely amazing. they are super easy and fun to make and they don’t take super long!
I made this recipe last weekend and then made a double batch for Thanksgiving. my entire family LOVED them. We have been eating leftovers so many ways and they are amazing. They go perfect with a nice dinner. I have also been eating them with my morning coffee and it goes perfectly. I can 100% assure you that these will not disappoint.
ingredients in honey butter brioche rolls
- unbleached all purpose flour
- instant yeast
- warm milk
- softened butter
how to make honey butter brioche rolls
in a stand mixer, mix the unbleached flour, salt, and yeast. mix in the warm milk, honey, softened butter, and eggs until a dough ball forms (this will take a few minutes)
if the dough is sticky, knead in a little bit more flour. cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit for one hour.
preheat the oven to 375 degrees. make the honey butter by whisking together the honey and melted butter.
turn the dough out onto a floured surface and punch down the dough. roll the dough into a large rectangle and brush honey butter over the dough (you will not use all of the honey butter).
roll the dough into a log and pinch the ends so it does not unwrap. cut into 8 rolls. arrange in a greased standard loaf pan. cover and let sit for 20 minutes.
brush the top of the rolls with egg wash and bake for 35-40 minutes. brush the top with honey butter and enjoy!
*read recipe notes for additional tips below*
- if you don’t have a stand mixer, that is okay. just knead in all of the ingredients and knead the dough to form a dough ball.
- while the rolls are baking, if the tops start to get a little too dark before they are done, cover the rolls with foil to prevent additional browning.
try these recipes next!
honey butter brioche rolls
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 2/3 cup warm milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- in a stand mixer, mix the flour, salt and yeast
- mix in the warm milk, honey, butter, and eggs until fully incorporated and a dough ball forms (this will take a few minutes).
- cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit for 1 hour
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees and make the honey butter by whisking together the melted butter and honey
- turn the dough out onto a floured surface and punch down the dough. roll into a large rectangle and spread honey butter over the dough (you will not use all of the honey butter).
- roll the dough into a log and pinch the ends so it does not unroll. cut into 8 rolls and arrange in a greased standard loaf pan. cover and let sit for 20 minutes
- brush with egg wash and bake for 35-40 minutes. spread more honey butter on top of the rolls and enjoy!