I don’t know why I have been sleeping on this underrated combo my whole life. This healthy spiced apple bread is absolutely wonderful. Dare I even say it is one of the best recipes I have ever created? It’s true, this has to be one of the top 5 best recipes I have ever created. It is flavorful, moist, crumbly, sweet, and has the perfect amount of spice to it. I have really outdone myself guys.
It’s almost impossible to believe that this apple bread is healthy, but it is. It is made with apples, unbleached flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, and a few other simple ingredients. My favorite ways to eat it are with a pumpkin spice latte or some vanilla ice cream. This spiced apple bread definitely needs to go on your list of fall recipes to make. It will not disappoint.
ingredients in healthy spiced apple bread
The ingredients in this recipe are super, simple, healthy, and can easily be substituted to your needs. Substitutions are below.
- unbleached all purpose flour
- ground ginger
- baking soda
- baking powder
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
how to make healthy spiced apple bread
preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
mix together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
in a separate bowl, whisk the egg, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. then, mix in the grated apple.
combine the wet and dry ingredients. pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. cut into 8 slices. serve warm and enjoy!
keep in mind that substituting ingredients may affect the flavor, texture, and bake time. with that said, here are my suggestions:
- all purpose flour- replace with whole wheat flour or 1:1 gluten free flour
- egg- replace with a flax or chia egg
- coconut oil- replace with butter, ghee, or vegan butter
- maple syrup- replace with honey or agave nectar
try these healthy recipes next!
healthy spiced apple bread
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup peeled grated apples (about 2 large apples)
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- mix together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, salt, baking soda, and baking powder
- in a separate bowl, whisk the egg, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. then mix in the grated apple
- combine the wet and dry ingredients and pour into a greased loaf pan. bake for 45-55 minutes and cut into 8 slices. serve warm and enjoy!