Peaches are in season and I am ALWAYS buying big bags of peaches to use in any way possible. The other day, I realized that my peaches were getting a little too ripe to eat so I made these healthy peach crumble bars. Guys. These are INSANE. Definitely one of the best things I’ve ever made. WOWZA. If you are a peach lover like me you need to try these.
These bad boys are made with no refined sugar and super simple ingredients because that’s how we roll in my house. Do they have butter? Yes. Gotta have those healthy fats + butter gives it the best flavor! My favorite way to eat these is with my morning latte or with some ice cream for dessert. Sometimes I do both haha. You guys seriously need to try these out.
ingredients in healthy peach crumble bars
- unbleached all purpose flour
- coconut sugar
- baking powder
- cold butter cut into cubes
- lemon juice
how to make healthy peach crumble bars
start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees
mix together the flour, coconut sugar, salt, and baking powder. then, mush in the butter and egg with your fingers until it is pretty evenly distributed throughout
in a separate bowl, mix together the peaches, honey, lemon juice, flour, and vanilla
in a greased 9×9 pan, pat down about 2/3 of the flour mixture. then, add on the peach mixture. then, crumble on the rest of the flour mixture
bake for 35-40 minutes. let cool and then cut into 9 bars. serve and enjoy!
keep in mind that substituting ingredients may affect the flavor and texture a bit! with that said, here are my suggestions:
- unbleached all purpose flour- replace with 1:1 gluten free flour or whole wheat flour
- butter- replace with ghee or vegan butter
- coconut sugar- replace with white or brown sugar
- egg- replace with a flax or chia egg
- honey- replace with maple syrup or agave nectar
try these healthy desserts next!
healthy peach crumble bars
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup cold butter (cut into cubes)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups diced peaches
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- mix together the flour, coconut sugar, salt, and baking powder
- then, mush in the butter with your hands until it is evenly distributed throughout. Then, mix in the egg
- in a separate bowl, mix together the peaches, honey, flour, cinnnamon, lemon juice, and vanilla
- pat down about 2/3 of the flour mixture into a greased 9×9 glass pan. then, add on the peach mixture. then, crumble the rest of the flour mixture onto the top
- bake for 35-40 minutes. let cool and then cut into 9 bars. serve and enjoy!