Theres nothing quite like starting the morning out with a fresh and warm muffin to go with your morning coffee. These healthy lemon blueberry muffins are extremely fluffy, moist, sweet, and delicious. They are refined sugar free, dairy free, and can be made gluten free and/or vegan with the substitutions below. To make them, all you need is flour, lemons, blueberries, maple syrup, eggs, coconut oil, and a few other ingredients. This really is the perfect summer recipe. I wish I had some left but my family devoured them in less than a day.
Muffins are literally the easiest thing to grab for breakfast in the morning. I used to eat one every single morning on the way to school. These could be your new morning go to, you are going to love them. Make sure to comment below and let me know how you like them!
ingredients in healthy lemon blueberry muffins
This recipe is made with super simple ingredients and no dairy or refined sugar. Substitutions to fit your needs are below.
- unbleached all purpose flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- lemon juice
- vanilla extract
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- fresh blueberries
how to make healthy lemon blueberry muffins
preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
mix the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
then, mix in the lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, maple syrup, eggs, and coconut oil.
mix in the blueberries and pour into greased and lined muffin tins.
sprinkle a little sugar on top (optional) and bake for 22-27 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. enjoy!
Keep in mind that substituting ingredients may affect the flavor, texture, and bake time. With that said, here are my suggestions:
- all purpose flour- replace with 1:1 gluten free flour
- maple syrup- replace with honey or agave nectar
- eggs- replace with flax or chia eggs
- coconut oil- replace with butter or ghee
you may also like these healthy recipes
healthy lemon blueberry muffins
- 1 3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- mix the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- then, mix in the lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, maple syrup, eggs, and coconut oil.
- mix in the blueberries and pour into greased and lined muffin tins.
- sprinkle a little sugar on top (optional) and bake for 22-27 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. enjoy!