I have really been on a chocolate kick this weekend so I am keeping it going with some extra chocolaty banana bread. This healthy double chocolate banana bread is incredibly moist, rich, chocolaty, and delicious. It tastes like a chocolate banana cake. Not to mention the ingredients are super simple and healthy. All you need to make this recipe is bananas, eggs, honey, flour, cacao powder, chocolate chips, and just a few other simple ingredients. This recipe is refined sugar free and dairy free. You can also make it vegan or gluten free with the substitutions below.
I am in love with this banana bread. It pairs perfectly with my morning latte. Something about warm baked goods with melty chocolate chips makes me so happy. I can not wait for you guys to try this recipe. You are going to love it. Make sure to comment below and let me know how you like it!
ingredients in healthy double chocolate banana bread
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- milk of choice
- unbleached all purpose flour
- cacao powder
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
how to maken healthy double chocolate banana bread
preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
whisk the mashed bananas, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, eggs, and milk.
in a separate bowl, mix the flour, cacao powder, salt, and baking soda.
combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix in the chocolate chips.
transfer to a greased loaf pan and bake for 53-57 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. enjoy!
Keep in mind that substituting ingredients may affect the flavor, texture, and bake time. With that said, here are my suggestions:
- honey- replace with maple syrup or agave nectar
- coconut oil- replace with butter, ghee, or vegan butter
- eggs- replace with flax or chia eggs
- milk of choice- use any milk of your preference
- all purpose flour- replace with whole wheat flour or 1:1 gluten free flour
- chocolate chips- use dairy free or vegan chocolate chips if needed
you may also want to try these banana bread recipes
healthy double chocolate banana bread
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- whisk the mashed bananas, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, eggs, and milk.
- in a separate bowl, mix the flour, cacao powder, salt, and baking soda.
- combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix in the chocolate chips.
- transfer to a greased loaf pan and bake for 53-57 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. enjoy!