The best healthy chocolate chunk banana muffins… because nothing beats a classic. Made with super simple pantry staple ingredients, and they are absolutely AMAZING. I love making loaves but sometimes (well… all the time) muffins just really hit the spot. Made with ripe bananas, unbleached flour, maple syrup, chocolate chunks, and a few other ingredients, these are the perfect healthy muffins.
Have you ever chopped up a dark chocolate bar and thrown it into your batter? Well you should. Nothing beats melty chocolate chunks in a moist and fluffy banana muffin. These muffins are my go to breakfast, snack, and sometimes even dessert! They are seriously the best.
ingredients in healthy chocolate chunk banana muffins
What makes these muffins healthy? They are made with simple ingredients, no refined sugar, and whole, unprocessed foods.
- unbleached all purpose flour
- baking soda
- ripe bananas
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- a dark chocolate bar
how to make healthy chocolate chunk banana muffins
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees
Then, mix together the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda
In a separate bowl, mix the mashed bananas, melted coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla
Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Chop up your dark chocolate bar and fold into the batter
Pour the batter into greased muffin tins and bake for 18-23 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
keep in mind that substituting ingredients may affect the flavor, texture, and bake time. With that said, here are my suggestions:
- unbleached all purpose flour- replace with 1:1 gluten free flour
- coconut oil- replace with butter or any oil
- eggs- replace with flax or chia eggs
- maple syrup- replace with honey, agave, coconut nectar, etc.
- dark chocolate bar- replace with a milk chocolate bar or 2/3 cup chocolate chips
try these loaf recipes next!
healthy chocolate chunk banana muffins
- 1 3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dark chocolate bar
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- mix together the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda
- in a separate bowl, mix the ripe bananas, coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla
- mix together the wet and dry ingredients. chop your dark chocolate bar into small chunks and fold it into the batter
- bake for 18-23 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean