Banana bread will forever be one of my favorite snacks. And not to toot my own horn… but I have nailed the perfect healthy chocolate chip banana bread recipe. It is fluffy, moist, and soooooo delicious! AND it is dairy free, refined sugar free, and made with super simple ingredients… WHOOP WHOOP! And I am telling you… you can eat this for breakfast, snack, or dessert. It is perfect for any time of day. For breakfast I love to pair it with my morning latte, for a snack I like to lather on some peanut butter, and for dessert I like to eat it with some vanilla ice cream. You really can’t go wrong with this classic recipe.
I’m pretty sure there is banana in my blood stream. I LOVE bananas. I purposely buy wayyyy too many bananas at the store for the purpose of making banana bread. This recipe is the best. I have perfected it and I make it so much that I have it memorized. You NEED to try it!!!
ingredients in healthy chocolate chip banana bread
I wasn’t kidding when I said this banana bread was super simple. It is made with simple ingredients, whole foods, and no refined sugar!
- unbleached all purpose flour
- baking soda
- ripe bananas
- melted coconut oil
- maple syrup
- dark chocolate chips
how to make healthy chocolate chip banana bread
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Then, mix together the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
In a separate bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients and fold in the dark chocolate chips.
Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Cut into 8 slices and serve!
Keep in mind that substituting ingredients may affect the flavor, texture, and bake time. With that said, here are my suggestions:
- unbleached all purpose flour- replace with 1:1 gluten free flour
- coconut oil- replace with butter, ghee, vegan butter, avocado oil, etc.
- maple syrup- replace with honey or agave nectar
- eggs- replace with flax or chia eggs
try these healthy banana bread recipes next!
healthy chocolate chip banana bread
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- mix together the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda
- in a separate bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla
- combine the wet and dry ingredients and fold in the dark chocolate chips
- pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes
- cut into 8 slices and serve!