Another super chocolaty recipe for all of my chocolate lovers out there. Are you a brownie lover… but also a cookie lover? SAME. Can’t decide between the two? You don’t have to!!! Two of the best desserts ever come together for these amazing healthy brownie cookies. Literally tastes like a brownie in cookie form, and I am living for it. AND they are dairy free and refined sugar free WHOOP WHOOP. But trust me…. they are so good its hard to believe they are healthier.
It’s been raining nonstop for days here in Wilmington, so you know what that means…. lots of cozy clothes and baking. All I want to do when it rains is put on my coziest clothes and bake everything I possibly can. And then sit down, watch Netflix, and eat whatever I baked. Yeah that sums up my past 3 days. Brownie lovers and cookie lovers, you NEED to try this recipe!!
ingredients in healthy brownie cookies
These cookies are made with super simple healthy ingredients, and they are dairy and refined sugar free!
- unbleached all purpose flour
- coconut sugar
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- coconut oil
- dark chocolate chips
how to make healthy brownie cookies
start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees
mix together the flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder
in a separate bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, eggs, melted dark chocolate chips, and vanilla
combine the wet and dry ingredients. then, scoop a spoonful of the dough onto a greased pan. bake for 9-13 minutes.
serve and enjoy!
Keep in mind that substituting ingredients may affect the flavor, texture and bake time a bit! With that said, here are my recommendations:
- all purpose flour- replace with 1:1 gluten free flour or whole wheat flour
- coconut sugar- replace with white or brown sugar
- coconut oil- replace with butter, ghee, vegan butter, etc.
- eggs- replace with flax or chia eggs
- dark chocolate chips- replace with any chocolate chips
try these healthy desserts next!
healthy brownie cookies
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate chips (measure before melting)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- mix together the flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder
- in a separate bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, eggs, melted dark chocolate chips, and vanilla
- mix together the wet and dry ingredients, scoop with a spoon onto a greased pan. bake for 9-13 minutes. ENJOY!!!