I don’t know about you, but in the summer I live off of fruit. And living off of fruit turns into me incorporating fruit into any and every recipe I make. So get ready for another super simple, healthy, and delicious summer recipe to make. Healthy blueberry muffins… wow. where do I start? These muffins are light, fluffy, and so delicious! When I tell you you can eat these muffins any time… I mean ANY time. Not going to lie, this has been my breakfast, snack, and desert on multiple occasions. They are just so good.
I am totally that person with eyes bigger than my stomach. I go to the store at the beginning of every week and fill my cart up with WAYYYYY more fruit than I can eat. Fast forward a few days to me having to get creative in the kitchen with all of my extra fruit. This recipe was the perfect way to use my extra blueberries. You need to try it!
ingredients in healthy blueberry muffins
These refined sugar free blueberry muffins are made with super simple healthy ingredients! Ingredients can very easily be substituted to make it gluten free, dairy free, and vegan! Substitutions are below.
- unbleached all purpose flour
- baking soda
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- greek yogurt
- almond milk
how to make healthy blueberry muffins
preheat the oven to 350 degrees
start by mixing together the flour, salt, and baking soda
then, in a separate bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, egg, Greek yogurt, almond milk, and vanilla
mix together the wet and dry ingredients and fold in the bluberries
pour into greased muffin tins and bake for 22-32 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean
keep in mind that substituting ingredients may affect the flavor, texture, and bake time. with that said, here are my recommendations:
- unbleached all purpose flour- replace with 1:1 gluten free flour
- maple syrup- replace with honey, agave, or coconut nectar
- coconut oil- replace with butter, vegan butter, etc.
- egg- replace with a flax or chia egg
- Greek yogurt- replace with dairy free/vegan yogurt
- almond milk- replace with any milk or nut milk
- blueberries- you can use frozen blueberries too!!
try these healthy recipes next!
healthy blueberry muffins
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda
- in a separate bowl, mix together the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, egg, greek yogurt, and almond milk
- mix together the wet and dry ingredients and fold in the blueberries
- pour into greased muffin tins and bake for 22-32 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean