Ever since I was a child, peanut butter cups have been my favorite candy. I used to eat disgusting amounts of Reeses peanut butter cups. Peanut butter chocolate is still my favorite flavor combination to this day. When I saw the adorable mini peanut butter cups at trader joes last week, I knew exactly what I had to do. And here we are, just a few days later with a fresh batch of chocolate peanut butter cup cookies. My childhood dream come true.
This recipe is made with super simple ingredients and no refined sugar (other than in the peanut butter cups). You can also make it dairy free, gluten free, and/or vegan with the substitutions below. Do yourself a favor and eat a few of these cookies warm with some ice cream on top. You guys are going to love this recipe. Make sure to comment below and let me know how you like it!
ingredients in chocolate peanut butter cup cookies
how to make chocolate peanut butter cup cookies
preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
mix the flour, coconut sugar, salt, and baking soda.
mix in the eggs, butter, and vanilla.
fold in the peanut butter cups. roll into large balls and flatten out a bit, place on a greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
bake for 10-14 miutes. serve warm and enjoy!
Keep in mind that substituting ingredients may affect the flavor, texture, and bake time. With that said, here are my suggestions:
- all purpose flour- replace with 1:1 gluten free flour
- coconut sugar- replace with brown sugar
- eggs- replace with flax or chia eggs
- butter- replace with coconut oil, vegan butter, or ghee
- peanut butter cups- replace with vegan/dairy free peanut butter cups
try out these recipes next!
chocolate peanut butter cup cookies
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- mix the flour, coconut sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- mix in the eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- fold in the peanut butter cups. roll into large balls and flatten out a bit, place on a greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- bake for 10-14 miutes. serve warm and enjoy!